So, you’ve just booked us as your wedding photographers and your wondering, “what am I supposed to do next?”
Here is our process, along with some suggestions that will “hopefully” make things a little easier for you as your get everything ready for your wedding day.
1. Scheduling an Engagement Session
We’ve put this first on the list because we thinks it’s one of the most important things to do immediately after booking us as your wedding photographers. Engagement sessions are great “get to know you” times, as well as a great way to create memories leading up to your wedding. We, the photographers, get to know your personalities, how you interact with each other, what’s unique to your story, and how to get genuine emotion in your shots. You, the client, get to learn our personalities, our quirks, and how we do things. This way on your wedding day, we are familiar with one another on a personal level, we’ve had a chance to “work out the kinks” if you will…lol. I can say with confidence that an Engagement Session will help to improve your wedding day photography experience!
Now that I’ve hopefully convinced you to do an Engagement Session, here are a few things to think about when scheduling:
- Choose a Date: Due the number of events we have on weekends, we try to schedule all of our portrait sessions during the week.
- Choose Location: There are tons of great local locations to have your session! Some locations are public – usually meaning FREE- and private – which mean a sitting fee. Click Here to view a few local places that photographers in the area really like.
- Pick a Time of Day: Time of day is very important to outdoor photos. Mid day sun causes harsh shadows and can create very unflattering lighting conditions. The best time for sunny outside shots are either early morning hours or evenings a few hours from sunset.
- Prepare for Your Photo Shoot: Click Here to read a blog post we’ve written that highlights several ways to get ready for your photo shoot.
2. Creating a Detailed Plan for Your Wedding Day
Wedding days are crazy busy! So, if you haven’t already met with a wedding planner or are choosing to bypass the expense, we suggest planning your wedding day out to the minute. We’ve been doing this for several years now and have learned that if something is not scheduled for it will be forgotten!
Click Here to view our online wedding day planning form!
We have an online for that we ask our couples to fill out. Once we get the form back, we’ll review it and reply with any suggestions or requests if we have any. From there we can schedule a time for us to run through your day of timeline and iron out all of the wrinkles.
3. Making Payments
Our policies state that all final payments are due 6 weeks prior your event date. We can accept Cash, Credit Card, or Check.
Credit Cards require an additional 3.5% transaction fee.
To keep things simple, our accountant prefers checks. Feel free to shoot me an email through our contact page to get a valid shipping address or if you have any other questions.
4. Getting Your Photos
One of the most common questions we receive is “How do I get my photos?”
Standard with every photography package- We deliver your images through our secure online image gallery.
Your images will stay online for at least a year from your wedding date.
5. Purchasing Extras
We believe that your photographs shouldn’t live only on your computer screen or smart phone! Photographs are meant to be shared, held, and displayed! Therefore, we offer tons of options for printed goods at very competitive rates.
All of our printed goods are done by Miller’s Professional Imaging. Miller’s is the leading professional imaging company in the United States! They use only the very best inks, papers, and bindings.
To keep things simple, all of our prints, softcover coffee table books, collages, canvas art, and etc… can all be ordered directly from you secure photo gallery!
We also offer custom designed Premium Storybook Albums (designed by us) starting at only $700! To order a custom storybook, create a “favorites list” of 100-120 images in your online gallery and email us a link. We’ll be back in touch within 24 hours to discuss all of our album options!